Vision, Mission & Strategy
ECPC works for a Europe of equality, where all European cancer patients have timely and aﬀordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life. ECPC believes that cancer patients are the most important partners in the ﬁght against cancer and against all the cancer-related issues aﬀecting our society. Policy makers, researchers, doctors and industry should recognise cancer patients as co-creators of their own health.
- Empower European cancer patients through the dissemination of information;
- Foster co-operation among cancer pateints' orgaisations through joint activities;
- Ensure that state-of-the-art cancer care practices are shared across the EU;
- Make cancer a priority for action on the European health policy agenda;
- Have an active role in shaping European and national healthcare policies;
- Contributr to change or create EU and national laws to satisfy cancer patients's needs;
- Call for the patients to be increased in cancer research.
The ECPC Multi-annual Strategy 2016 – 2019 aims at increasing the impact of the organisation in the cancer ﬁeld throughout Europe by developing long-term aspirations. The Coalition is interested in streamlining its activities by developing and implementing together with its Members a coherent multi-annual strategy. It intends to consolidate and focus its activities, following a sustained period of growth over the past three years.
The Multi-annual Strategy covers the period 2016 – 2019, which coincides with the mandate of the current ECPC Board of Directors, elected in June 2016 for the duration of 3 years.