Ms Elena Gentile MEP and Ms Lieve Wierinck MEP will be co-hosting "An Initiative on on Wednesday 8 November 2017, room PHS P4B001 in the European Parliament between 1 and 3 pm.
This initiative aims to increase awareness around the daily reality of living with breast cancer. It will highlight the ongoing unmet medical needs with a call for Europe-wide improvement in the care and management of the disease, convening the conversation in order for EU institutions to prioritise breast cancer care in policy-making.
Speakers will include:
- Karen Benn, Deputy CEO, Europa Donna
- Barbara Wilson, Founder, Working with Cancer
- Susanne Schaffert, Region Head, Novartis Oncology Region Europe
- Kathi Apostolidis, Vice President, European Cancer Patient Coalition
- Fatima Cardoso, Coordinator, European School of Oncology
- Arnaud Portalier, GE Healthcare Europe
- Carmela Totaro, Breast Care Centre, ASL Foggia-Manfredonia (IT)