Policy and Advocacy
SABCS Scholarship opportunities for expert Breast Cancer patient advocates
Are you an expert breast cancer patient advocate with interests in research, clinical trials, cost of cancer care, bioethics and willing to learn and hone your advocacy skills?
Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation-ABCF is collecting till September 1, 2016 scholarship applications of patient advocates interested and qualified to attend the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium-SABCS that will take place in December, from the 6th to the 10th, in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
The scholarships are open to breast cancer patient advocates who fulfill the following requirements:
· They have not received this scholarship within the past 5 years.
· They have completed at least 1 year after end of all breast cancer treatment.
· European advocates must speak fluent English with excellent English language writing skills and must hold a valid passport and necessary visas to travel to and from the U.S.
· Must have scientific knowledge of breast cancer through various programs and be able to provide evidence of scientific qualifications in breast cancer.
· Must be a member of a Not-For-Profit cancer patient advocacy group that demonstrates a charitable mission, is engaged in patient advocacy activities, and provides programs, services, as well as support for people with breast cancer.
· The application must be completed and submitted by September 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM Central Time.