Health & Research
ECPC is currently looking for a Health and Research Projects intern to join our team!
The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a well-known and large European patients’ umbrella organization in the area of non-communicable diseases, and is based in Brussels.
ECPC was set up in 2003, and works for a Europe of equality, where all European cancer patients have timely and affordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life. ECPC works for the recognition of cancer patients and survivors as partners in their own healthcare and invites policy makers, researchers, doctors and industry to work all together in this direction.
The ECPC Intern Programme gives graduate students the opportunity to obtain training and exposure to ECPC’s work in the field of cancer and non-communicable diseases. All intern posts are based in Brussels and are open to citizens of the European Union as well as others who have right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit.
The next round of internships will commence after the 4th of November 2018.
- Supporting the day-to-day administration of the Health and Research Programmes including: providing standard information in response to queries in a timely manner, referring requests outside knowledge base to the appropriate person and following up if necessary, scheduling project meetings, writing minutes and agendas and circulating reference materials and necessary follow-up to members and partners.
- Work closely with Junior Health and Research Officer to draft reports to assist in the effective organization of external and internal activities, maintain small existing databases and manage accurate record keeping.
- Booking necessary travel and accommodation for meetings/workshops/conferences as well as coordinating any necessary room and catering logistics including printing of meeting documents and project materials.
- Read a variety of articles and papers and synthesize the content to succinct and readable summaries to communicate to both Members and management, as needed.
- Help create and edit internal and external communications content including: website, blog posts, emails, direct mail, newsletters, reports and social posts.
- Help in the dissemination of project activities, promoting project deliverables, overall maintenance and updating of project related web pages and social media accounts.
- Work closely with Junior Health officer to fill admin and financial forms and ensure updated project data entry according to clear instructions.
- Be graduate or undergraduate students who require an internship for their course or have achieved an undergraduate degree preferably in in medicine and/or health sciences;
- Have EU nationality and/or right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit;
- Have excellent verbal and written skills in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
- Have fast word-processing skills and good command of Microsoft Office;
- Be proactive, flexible, and good communicators;
- Have excellent organisational and team working skills.
ECPC is offering six-month paid internship position of €751 brut per month plus STIB/MIVB transport reimbursement and Sodexo electronic meal vouchers for the maximum legal amount. Due to Belgian legislation, the internship cannot be extended beyond six months.
Please send your CV and cover letter by 4th November 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Health and Research Intern – Application”. The cover letter should express why you are interested in the position and what makes you the best candidate.
Applicants should be ready to start on 12th of November 2018
We will review the applications on an on-going basis. Unfortunately, due to the very high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.